28151 William P. Rosso Hwy (Hall Rd.)
Chesterfield, MI 48047
(586) 949-9610 Fax (586) 949-1053
Having celebrated 70 years in
business in 2013,
we'd like to share a little of our company history with you.
1943 After 17 years with Hudson Motors, John Kehrig opens Kehrig Mfg. Co., operating out of a barn in Utica, Michigan.
1947 Kehrig Mfg. builds a 5000 square foot building on Van Dyke in Utica, MI and later expands to 24,000 square feet.
1953-55 Kehrig Limitada operates in Columbia, South America.
1955-61 John Kehrig works with John Hacker to build steel hulled Kehrig-Hackerform boats.
1962 Kehrig Manufacturing builds their current location on Hall Road in Chesterfield, MI.
1968-95 Don Kehrig owns and operates Kehrig Mfg., continuing in his father's footsteps.
1969 Kehrig Mfg. Co. develops and patents their folding metal workhorse, the "Metal Mule", still available today.
1977 Don Kehrig's sons, DJ & Steve, join the Kehrig Mfg. crew, working under their father's supervision.
1984 Kehrig Mfg expands their Hall Rd. facility to 14,000 square feet under one roof.
1995 DJ & Steve become co-owners; DJ is named President of the company and Steve the Vice President.
2008 Third generation Kehrigs, DJ & Steve, celebrate the 65th Anniversary of the company!
Home | Services
| Storage |